SEO’s full-meaning search engine optimization. SEO could be described as content optimization so that sites show up more often on the top pages of search results. It is a known fact that Google changes its algorithm for determining the sites that would rank higher in searches, so effort must be made to keep updated with those algorithms. Ranking higher would increase the traffic and yield lot of profit. SEO has changed the whole structure of the internet, as it has helped to reduce irrelevances from showing up on top pages.
These are some tips to increase SEO for sites:
- Ensure nothing slows down the speed of the site: A slow site has become a thing of the past. A 1-second delay in loading a page could lead to a great loss or diversion, and visitors never revisiting the site, as visitors tend not to trust slow sites. Eliminate all unnecessary elements that reduce the speed of the site. Quick loading pages could make users visit more than one page on your site.
- Getting other websites linked to your site: Links from other site-directed to your site are referred to as external links. Google uses the number of external links to a site to determine the quality of the post. This calls for link building, and it is the process of asking other websites in your niche to link to yours.
- Use keywords in your URLs and make them spicy: The URL is what comes immediately after the “.com”, and this is important in determining the ranking of your site on Google. A proper description of what your blog is about in the URL would make it understandable for Google, and consequently, it would rank higher. Ensure you use readable and understandable URLs. If humans can’t understand your URL, then it is possible to search engines won’t understand also.
- Consistently provide unique and green content: Content refers to anything ranging from video, audio, articles, comments, infographics, images, music, and other things that engage the audience. By creating exciting and engaging content continually, you build a large audience and gain more visitors. When visitors come to a site and all they see are old content, they may never revisit those sites.
- Ensure a good user experience on mobile: Nowadays, Google sees the mobile version of the site to be the main version, as compared to the desktop. The desktop site would be used if you don’t have a mobile version, but the traffic to the site would be minimal.
- Focus on one niche for the site: This step is crucial, you may have other things that you add, but to have a primary message that you pass across would increase the effectiveness of your site. People know what to expect from and they keep revisiting the site.