The evolution of social media has changed the world tremendously. Social media has brought about a revolution in connectivity and networking with others, along with the ease of access to news and information through Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, and other social media platforms. Currently, the world’s population is approximately 7.7 billion, and about 3.5 billion use the internet. On average, two-thirds of the world’s population are on various social media platforms. The significance of social media is growing viral, and the industry is bound to become bigger in years to come. By taking advantage of social media for enterprise would make it thrive in the coming wave, as a large percentage of your audience are hanging around social media networks.
Here are some benefits of sharing on social media.
- Increase website traffic: Social media is an effective tool to drive traffic to your website, as it has become a melting pot for people of all races and from varying backgrounds, consequently with different preferences and ways of thinking. Most social media platforms permit users to create content and post a link to their website. By initially creating excellent content, you would have attracted your audience to click the link, and they could view more about your business. Without social media, you would only be connected to a few customers without reaching out to a larger audience.
- Customers enjoy a better service: For years, business owners and companies sought ways of receiving feedback, reviews, and complaints from the consumers faster and better. Social media has made communication with customers and clients easier and allows for direct communication with the audience even without making a call. Feedback helps to know the challenges faced by the consumers and how to improve on the feedbacks all in real-time.
- Organic content creation: There are tremendous opportunities available on social media platforms for posting organic content for free. With this, it provides you and the business the opportunity to connect to valuable leads at zero cost. Additionally, your audience can enjoy almost no limit to your content. Content could include images, videos, and music, this allows the audience to get familiar with you.
- Social media helps to monitor competition: Social media helps to spy on the market tactics used by the competitions in the same industry. Examples of competition are what others in the industry are promoting, the disparity in your content, and advertisement. You can then take note of the lapses and take advantage of them. Studying the competition is worth the time, as competitors are also doing the same, and you can get means to educate, engage, and entertain users better.
- Joining a social media network is at no cost: One essential benefit of social media is the zero cost of joining social media platforms. All you have to invest in is the time and experience in creating your account. On most social media platforms, there are also paid advertising categories. This would be a great tool for growing a large audience and generating more traffic to the site.
The advantages of social media are numerous, and taking advantage of these platforms for promoting your business would be a great step towards building a great business. A larger percentage of the world’s population is on social media, thus providing the opportunity of reaching a large audience via social media.